How to print using a Print Card
Printing and Copying
Printing using the Library's Print Management system is a two-step process.
Step One - Submit your Print Job
To print from any public computer - Step by Step Instructions
- Display the page(s) to print.
- Click the File menu and choose the Print Preview option to review the pages that will be printed.
- Click the Print button on the toolbar. The print dialog box will open.
- Select the black and white (default) or color printer from the list.
- Select the page(s) to print.
- A dialog box will open which displays:
- How many pages you are printing and the total cost for your print job
- The name of the document
- The user name field – You must enter a user name for the document.
This is the user name that appears in the print queue and is used to retrieve your print job from the Print Release Station.
- Click the Print button.
Your print job will be held until you pay and print it at a Print Release Station. Jobs not printed in 4 hours will be deleted.
Video tutorial on how to submit a print job
Step Two - Paying for and printing your document at a Print Release Station
We recommend buying and using a Print Card to print your document.
Paying for and Printing a document - Step by Step Instructions
- If your job is being printed in black and white you can go to any of the three Print Release Stations located in Adult Services, Youth Services or the Computer Services Desk to print your document. Color prints must be released at the color printer next ot the Computer Services Desk.
- Insert your card in the card reader next to the Print Release Station.
- Click the Print Jobs button.
- Select your job. Jobs are listed by user name.
- Click Print.
- A box opens which displays the cost of your print job and the balance on your card.
- Click Print.
- The job will print and your card will be ejected from the card reader - be sure to take your card.
*Both locations print black and white. Color print jobs can only be printed at the color printer next to the Checkout Desk.